Inblogeral

Hello.

This is my inaugural blog.  I like to call it my "Inblogeral."  Yeah... bad jokes and puns are something I like to do.

Anyways, why have I started a blog?  Hmm... right now it's to talk to other adults, I guess.  I'm a teacher, so summertimes have been daddy time for the past four years.  I get to spend my summers raising our two boys.  They are wonderful children, and I love them more than I thought I ever could, but sometimes I just get tired of the same topics of conversation- garbage cans, garbage trucks, garbage, air conditioners, car makes/models.  And the questions... the endless barrage of questions!!!!  At home, on walks, in the car, in the bathroom.  Wherever and whenever, there are always questions thrown in my direction.  But I really shouldn't complain about this.  Asking questions is actually my oldest son's greatest attribute (I wanted to write this sentence as "asking questions is one of my oldest son's greatest attributes.  But does that make it sound like I have more than one oldest son??? Stuff like that goes through my mind all of the time).  But why can't there be a pause button on those rapid-fire questions!!!???!!!

The best thing that gets me through these summer days are texts from my wife while she's at work.  It's that little dose of adult contact that arrives at various intervals that helps remind me that I'm not stranded alone with my sons.  In fact, it's really because of my wife that I'm writing this blog...

Some of you might now her as C from "Westy Side Story."  That's her blog.  I've been mentioned in a post or two.  I binge-read her posts.  Even though I've lived through all of her posts, I love reading a shared event through her perspective.  This blog will now give her the opportunity to read an event through my point of view, and maybe discover something new about me (or us) just as I have about her.  More about C at another time, but I need to share this... you know they old cliche "he's out-kicked his coverage"?  That's how I view my marriage to C.  I don't know why she chose me, but I'm glad she did!  She's incredibly smart, compassionately kindhearted, and warm-your-heart funny.  But above all, beautiful.  Physically beautiful of course (tell her that and she'll deny it).  But everything about her is beautiful- mind, body and soul.  I loved this wonderful lady the first time I saw her, I loved her on our horrible first date, I loved her on our wedding day.  But I love her more today.

So this is a way to communicate to the non-kid world out there.  Even if no one reads it, I'm going to think at least one person does.

I'm not quite sure how often I'll add a post.  And I'm not really sure what I'll be writing about.  I guess like you, I'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and if by chance any of you who are reading this also reads C's blog, please don't tell her about my blog.  I'm going to wait until her birthday next month to tell her about it.

A.

1 comment:

Father's Day

Ever since W was born, the idea of "father" has at times consumed my thoughts.  What is a father?  How is he supposed to act?  How...